IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charles Tomkins, 1757–1823, British, Painter-Stainers’ Hall, 1799
- Watercolor and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 11/16 × 5 3/8 inches (22.1 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Painter [...] Hall | [...]"; lower left: "301"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "C. Tompkins | 1799"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | door | hall houses | road | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.