Dunkerswell Abbey, August 20, 1783
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, upper left: "No 11 | Dunkeswell Abbey"; in graphite, center left: "5730"; upper right: "1"; center right: "185 BP"; lower center: "Black P.P."
Watermark: Bend (similar to Heawood 107, c-k).
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "F Towne | delt."; dated on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "August the 20th. 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- house | landscape | sky | trees | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, Dunkerswell Abbey, August 20, 1783, 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.