IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, Dunkerswell Abbey, August 20, 1783, 1783
Dunkerswell Abbey, August 20, 1783
- Watercolor with pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 3/8 x 10 3/8 inches (18.7 x 26.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in brown ink, upper left: "No 11 | Dunkeswell Abbey"; in graphite, center left: "5730"; upper right: "1"; center right: "185 BP"; lower center: "Black P.P."
Watermark: Bend (similar to Heawood 107, c-k).
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "F Towne | delt."; dated on verso in pen and brown ink, upper center: "August the 20th. 1783"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- house | landscape | sky | trees | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.