IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Alexander Runciman, 1736–1785, British, A Temple Perched on a Rocky Outcrop Seen Across a Lake, ca. 1767
A Temple Perched on a Rocky Outcrop Seen Across a Lake
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Study of Rocaille Mouldings
- ca. 1767
- Watercolor, gray wash, blue wash and pen and black ink; verso: red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (14 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "2"; in graphite center: "Powell/Laur Beige/Gold/11x16"; in graphite lower left: "A. Runciman: | A Temple..."
Signed in pen and black ink lower center: "AR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | lake | landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Art of Alexander and John Robert Cozens (Yale Center for British Art, 1980-09-17 - 1980-11-16) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.