- A Temple Perched on a Rocky Outcrop Seen Across a Lake
- ca. 1767
- Watercolor, gray wash, blue wash and pen and black ink; verso: red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches (14 x 19.1 cm)
Inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "2"; in graphite center: "Powell/Laur Beige/Gold/11x16"; in graphite lower left: "A. Runciman: | A Temple..."
Signed in pen and black ink lower center: "AR"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | hills | lake | landscape | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Alexander Runciman, 1736–1785, British, A Temple Perched on a Rocky Outcrop Seen Across a Lake, ca. 1767
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.