Elijah Casting off His Mantle
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- 8 1/4 x 8 5/8 inches (21 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD RA"; in graphite, verso, center: "Elijah casting off his Mantle | First Thought"
T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp (TEL) on bottom right
Signed in brown ink, lower right: "JWD RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- horses (animals) | mantle | men | mythology
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Elijah Casting off His Mantle, undated