House among Trees
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (11.4 x 17.1 cm) and Mount: 7 1/8 × 10 7/8 inches (18.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "Chimneys white | most worn off brick | red tiles above"; on verso, graphite, lower center: "Sketch for Mrs. [...] | Picture"
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | house | landscape | trees
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.