Studies of Boats on a Riverside
- Graphite and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige paper
- Sheet: 9 1/8 x 7 1/4 inches (23.2 x 18.4 cm) and Mount: 11 1/2 × 11 1/2 inches (29.2 × 29.2 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Studies for "de Tabley Towers" painting | in the Tale"
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | marine art | river | studies (visual works) | tower (building division)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Studies of Boats on a Riverside, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.