IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Powis Castle, undated
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (13.3 x 19.7 cm), Mount: 8 5/8 × 11 1/8 inches (21.9 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right "[...]"; center: "[...]"; center right: "[...]"; lower center: "[...]"; lower left: "Powis Castle J.W. JWD RA."
Watermark: "[Wh]atman 804"; collector's mark: Thomas Esmond Lowinsky (Lugt 2420a)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JWD RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales | Welshpool
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.