- Powis Castle
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slighlty textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 5 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches (13.3 x 19.7 cm) and Mount: 8 5/8 × 11 1/8 inches (21.9 × 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right "[...]"; center: "[...]"; center right: "[...]"; lower center: "[...]"; lower left: "Powis Castle J.W. JWD RA."
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"; watermark: "[Wh]atman 804"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JWD RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | United Kingdom | Wales | Welshpool
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Powis Castle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.