Studies for a Hand in The Godhead Fires
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/4 x 12 7/8 inches (31.1 x 32.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "TOP"; upper center: "by E B - J | Study of hands of Venus in Pygmalion / Galatia"; on back, lower right: "E. BURNE - JONES | 115-7"
Watermark: "Canson & Montgolfier Vidalon-Le"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of John Goolet
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomy | figure study | hands | myth | mythology | science | study (visual work)
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, Studies for a Hand in The Godhead Fires, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.