Raphael's Visit to Adam and Eve, from Milton's Paradise
- Brown wash and graphite with pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 3/8 × 8 inches (31.4 × 20.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J [...] V 1735."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Fry Print Collection, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery and the Yale University Medical Library
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | Paradise Lost (published 1667) by John Milton | religious and mythological subject
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, Raphael's Visit to Adam and Eve, from Milton's Paradise, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.