Portrait of a Gentleman
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Sketch of the Lower Half of a Horse
- Graphite; verso: red chalk on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/4 × 8 5/8 inches (27.3 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and ink, upper right: "A21-17"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JV | 1725"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Edward B. Greene, Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gentleman | wig
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Vanderbank, 1694–1739, British, Portrait of a Gentleman, 1725
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.