Head of a Man Wearing a Loose Scarf
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 3 inches (7.9 x 7.6 cm) and Mount: 6 × 6 inches (15.2 × 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "[...]"
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"
Signed in graphite, lower left: "JW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | man | scarf
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Head of a Man Wearing a Loose Scarf, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.