IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Hand-rolling Machine: to Wash Potatoes, undated
Hand-rolling Machine: to Wash Potatoes
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on medium, slightly
- Sheet: 5 x 7 3/8 inches (12.7 x 18.7 cm), Mount: 7 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (18.4 × 25.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "[...] |" ; in graphite on verso, lower center: "To wash Potatoes-"
Watermark on mount
Signed in graphite, right center: "JWD. RA"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- machine | mill | potatoes | still life
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.