A Rocky Hillside with Trees and Figures
- Graphite and watercolor on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 13 7/8 inches (24.8 x 35.2 cm) and Mount: 11 1/8 × 16 3/4 inches (28.3 × 42.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left; "[...]"
Collector's mark:T.E. Lowinsky owner's stamp "TEL"
Signed in graphite, lower right: "JWD. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- caves | figures | geology | hill | landscape | rocks (landforms) | science | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, A Rocky Hillside with Trees and Figures, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.