- Gray wash with pen and brown ink and pen black ink on very thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 5/8 × 4 1/8 inches (11.7 × 10.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "Library transfer | from scapbook w | watecolor"; upper left: "Head of Sioux Chieftian | from Life | By Juan B. Wandersforde"; lower right: "759"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. John Hill Morgan.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chieftain | costume | feathers | figure study | headdress | Native American | portrait | Sioux | Sioux Indians
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.