Woman Carrying a Sack of Cut Grass
- Graphite on medium, smooth, blue white wove paper mounted on very thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 5/8 × 8 1/4 inches (32.1 × 21 cm)
Inscribed on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "Woman Carrying sack of cut grass | by J.Harvard Thomas 1896"
Yale University Art Gallery collector's mark
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mrs. Kate H. Goodbody
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | figure study | grasses | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Havard Thomas, 1854–1921, British, Woman Carrying a Sack of Cut Grass, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.