IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Westall, 1765–1836, British, An Apple Tree Near a Cottage, undated
An Apple Tree Near a Cottage
- Additional Title(s):
Man on a Ladder Picking Apples to Throw to Two Children
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 7 1/8 inches (14.9 x 18.1 cm), Image: 4 x 4 7/8 inches (10.2 x 12.4 cm)
Collector's mark, verso: Paul Mellon
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apple tree | apples | basket | boy | breeches (trousers) | children | chimney | cottage | dresses | father | fence | genre subject | girl | jacket | ladder | man | shed | thatched roofs | thatching
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.