IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Mefistofile II, 1880
- Graphite and pen and black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 11/16 × 9 1/2 inches (19.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper center: "Sketched at the Alhambra, Boxing Day 1880 | "Mefistofile II"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left and again lower right: "G.A.Sala | Xmas 1880"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- corsets | costume | figure study | literary theme | women
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.