Sketches: Nude Man, Standing Man, Two Profiles, and Box
- Pen and black ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm)
Extensive inscription on verso in pen and black ink.
Signed in pen and black, lower right: "G.A.Gala | March 30th 1888"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | man | nudes | profiles (figures) | standing
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Sketches: Nude Man, Standing Man, Two Profiles, and Box, 1888
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.