George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, Grotesque Maiden with Dog, undated
Grotesque Maiden with Dog
- Pen and brown ink with watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 13/16 × 4 1/8 inches (12.2 × 10.5 cm)
Signed in graphite, lower left: "G.A. Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bloomers | caricature | dog (animal) | fans (costume accessories) | gloves | grotesque | hat | leash | maiden
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.