The Royal Procession
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 × 10 5/8 inches (31.9 × 27 cm)
Extensive inscription in pen and brown ink; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Th Royal Procession | the [...] of the Great [...] House: Sketched from a top of a tree in the Transept"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "George Augustus Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | procession | royalty
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, The Royal Procession, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.