The Royal Procession
- Graphite and pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 × 10 5/8 inches (31.9 × 27 cm)
Extensive inscription in pen and brown ink; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Th Royal Procession | the [...] of the Great [...] House: Sketched from a top of a tree in the Transept"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "George Augustus Sala"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | procession | royalty
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Augustus Sala, 1828–1895, British, The Royal Procession, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.