IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Putting Arms in Hands of the Indians, undated
Putting Arms in Hands of the Indians
- Pen and black ink, gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 × 9 5/8 inches (18.4 × 24.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bows (weapons) | military art | quivers | shields (armor) | South Asian | spears (weapons) | swords
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.