Design for Roman Government Chamber (?)
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 9 7/8 × 13 1/2 inches (25.1 × 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, beginning in upper left: "a.Dux | b. Consiliarii | c. No Viralis | Consilli | Praefecti | d. aSecietis. | e. Magnus Concollarius. | f. Decem - | Virum Praefectus. | g. Trium | Vir Aducator. | h. Decem - | Virium | Procfeiti | Apparitor | i. Nobiles | qui | procedant | ad sortom. | l. Urnae . | m. Iabellae | globulos | ricipiens."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | columns (architectural elements) | urns
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Design for Roman Government Chamber (?), undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.