Study of Ancient Roman Millstone (?)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (29.8 × 19.4 cm)
Extensive inscription in brown ink beginning center, left and continuing on verso.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Abel Cary Thomas, Yale BA 1905, transfer from the Yale University Library and the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | millstones
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, Study of Ancient Roman Millstone (?), 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.