Landscape with Classical Ruins
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 16 9/16 inches (29.5 x 42 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 11 5/16 inches (23.8 x 28.8 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 x 10 1/2 inches (20.6 x 26.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mortimer invt."; lower right: "1784 L. Bates fect."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boulders | bridge (built work) | children | church | Classical | cross (object) | fishing | fishing poles | Grand Tour | hats | landscape | river | rocks (landforms) | ruins | shrubs | statue | stream | trees | waterfall
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Lydia Bates, active 1784, Landscape with Classical Ruins, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.