Print made by Lydia Bates, active 1784, Landscape with Classical Ruins, 1784
Landscape with Classical Ruins
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 16 9/16 inches (29.5 x 42 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 x 11 5/16 inches (23.8 x 28.8 cm), and Image: 8 1/8 x 10 1/2 inches (20.6 x 26.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Mortimer invt."; lower right: "1784 L. Bates fect."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boulders | bridge (built work) | children | church | Classical | cross (object) | fishing | fishing poles | Grand Tour | hats | landscape | river | rocks (landforms) | ruins | shrubs | statue | stream | trees | waterfall
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.