IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Posterior View (Relates to Table II), 1795 to 1806
Human Skeleton, Posterior View (Relates to Table II)
- Part Of:
Collective Title: A Comparative Anatomical Exposition of the Structure of the Human Body with that of a Tiger and a Common Fowl
- 1795 to 1806
- Ink with traces of graphite on thin, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 7/8 x 12 5/8 inches (47.9 x 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | back | figure study | man | skeleton | spine
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.