Human Skeleton, Lateral View (May have been initially prepared for use as a key figure to Table III but later abandoned)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with traces of a platemark
- Sheet: 19 x 14 7/8 inches (48.3 x 37.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "E1"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "693.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.56 | IR 346/56 | 693.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | man | nude | running | side | skeleton | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Lateral View (May have been initially prepared for use as a key figure to Table III but later abandoned), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.