- Human Skeleton, Anterior View
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite on cream, thin, slightly textured, wove paper laid on cream moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 x 10 3/4 inches (43.8 x 27.3 cm) and Mount: 18 1/2 x 12 3/4 inches (47 x 32.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "C5"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "688.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | boxes (containers) | front | leaning | man | nude | ribs, groin | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Anterior View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.