Human Skeleton, Posterior View
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite on cream, thin, slightly textured, wove paper laid down on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 1/4 x 10 3/8 inches (43.8 x 26.4 cm) and Mount: 18 1/8 x 11 1/8 inches (46 x 28.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "C6"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.62 | IR 356/62 | 690.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | back | boxes (containers) | man | nude | ribs, groin | skeleton | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Human Skeleton, Posterior View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.