Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View (Probably the master study of the skeleton)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with traces of two platemarks
- Sheet: 14 1/2 x 19 7/8 inches (36.8 x 50.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "132"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from bottom to top of sheet: "646.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "132"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.72 | IR 356/72"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | animal | cat (domestic cat) | figure study | side | skeleton | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Skeleton, Lateral View (Probably the master study of the skeleton), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.