Tiger Body, Lateral View (Study of the muscles for the key figure to Table IX)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 7/8 x 21 1/8 inches (40.3 x 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper right, from bottom to top of sheet: "717.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from bottom to top of sheet: "717.57 | Not numbered | "; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.75 | IR 356/75"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomy | figure study | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View (Study of the muscles for the key figure to Table IX), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.