Tiger Body, Lateral View (Study of the upper layers of muscles and their blood supply prepared for the key figure to Table XIV)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 x 21 inches (40.6 x 53.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "127"; in graphite, verso, upper left, from bottom to top of sheet: "641.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "641.57 | 127"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.76 | IR 356/76"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View (Study of the upper layers of muscles and their blood supply prepared for the key figure to Table XIV), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.