- Tiger Body, Lateral View
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite on thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 x 21 1/8 inches (40.6 x 53.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "128"; in graphite, verso, upper left, from bottom to top of sheet: "642.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "642.57 | 128"; in graphite, verso, lower left, upside down: "700"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.80 | IR 356/80"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | animal | cat (domestic cat) | figure study | ribs | side | skeleton | tail (hanging) | tiger
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.