Tiger Body, Lateral View
- Additional Title(s):
Tiger, Lateral View, Skin Removed
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Red chalk, and pen with iron gall ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, moderately thick, moderately textured, laid paper; mounted on two sheets of heavy wove paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 13 5/8 inches (26.4 x 34.6 cm) and Mount: 13 1/4 x 17 3/4 inches (33.7 x 45.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "104"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "104"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "620.57"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | figure study | ribs | tail (hanging) | tiger | tigers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Tiger Body, Lateral View, 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.