- Fowl Skeleton, Lateral View (Study for the key figure to Table V)
- 1795 to 1806
- Pen with iron gall ink, and graphite on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 20 x 14 1/2 inches (50.8 x 36.8 cm) and Mount: 20 1/8 x 14 5/8 inches (51.1 x 37.1 cm)
Inscribed extensively in graphite: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "115"; in graphite, verso, upper right: "630.57"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "115"; in graphite, verso, lower right: D.103 | IR 356/103"
"J Whatman l Turkey Mill [cropped]" on secondary support; faded circular collector's mark on secondary support, verso, lower left
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | bird | figure study | skeleton | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Fowl Skeleton, Lateral View (Study for the key figure to Table V), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.