Fowl Body, Lateral View (Study for key figure to Table X)
- Part Of:
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite, red chalk, and pen with iron gall ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream, thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- 20 7/8 x 15 1/4 inches (53 x 38.7 cm) and 21 x 15 1/2 inches (53.3 x 39.4 cm)
Inscribed in red chalk: anatomical letter and number references; in graphite, verso, upper left: "Not numbered | "; in graphite, verso, lower right: "716.57"
"J Whatman" on primary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | bird | figure study | Fowls | study (visual work)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Fowl Body, Lateral View (Study for key figure to Table X), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.