- Dorking Hen Body, Lateral View (Outline drawing of the muscles)
- 1795 to 1806
- Graphite, pen with iron gall ink, with traces of red ink on thin, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid down on cream moderately thick, moderately textured, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 12 3/4 inches (26 x 32.4 cm) and Mount: 12 7/8 x 18 3/8 inches (32.7 x 46.7 cm)
Inscribed extensively in graphite and red ink: anatomical notes; in graphite, verso, upper left: "100"; in graphite, verso, upper right, from top to bottom of sheet: "100"; in graphite, verso, lower right, from top to bottom of sheet: "616.57"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "D.122 | IR 356/122"
"J Whatman 1808" on secondary support
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | anatomy | bird | figure study | study (visual work)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Stubbs, 1724–1806, British, Dorking Hen Body, Lateral View (Outline drawing of the muscles), 1795 to 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.