The North-West Porch of Salisbury Cathedral
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, pen and black ink, graphite, and gouache on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 7/8 x 11 5/8 inches (35.2 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper center: "Theodore Boys | 1832"; on back, center: "39 - 47"; on back, lower center: "Ms. Ja[?]ra[?] | U M[?] An[?] | Jas 38 14"
Signed and dated in red ink, lower right: "Thos Boys 1832"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | buildings | cathedral | clouds | doorways | figures (representations) | stained glass | steeple | windows
- Associated Places:
- England | Salisbury | Salisbury cathedral | United Kingdom | Wiltshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Shotter Boys, 1803–1874, British, The North-West Porch of Salisbury Cathedral, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.