Harvesting - The Noontide Rest
- Graphite and watercolor on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 22 5/8 x 31 3/4 inches (57.5 x 80.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "Charles Barber. 1811"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink, lower left: "Charles Barber. 1811"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- basket | bridge (built work) | clouds | fields | food | grasses | harvest | landscape | meal | men | noon | pastoral | river | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Vincent Barber, 1784–1854, British, Harvesting - The Noontide Rest, 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.