Landing a Catch of Mackerel, Hastings
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 1/4 inches (20.3 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "13 by 6 | Hastings | J. Cristall | Mr. [...]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J Cristall"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors | baskets | beach | birds | bonnets | capes | children | coastline | dresses | fish | fishermen | fishing | food | genre subject | hampers | helping | infants | labor | labor | landscape | mackerel | masts | men | merchants | nets | packing | rope | ropes | sailboats | sand | sea | ships | shore (landform) | women | working
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Hastings | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, Landing a Catch of Mackerel, Hastings, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.