Landing a Catch of Mackerel, Hastings
- Watercolor, gouache, and graphite on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 8 × 11 1/4 inches (20.3 × 28.6 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "13 by 6 | Hastings | J. Cristall | Mr. [...]"
Signed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "J Cristall"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors | baskets | beach | birds | bonnets | capes | children | coastline | dresses | fish | fishermen | fishing | food | genre subject | hampers | helping | infants | labor | labor | landscape | mackerel | masts | men | merchants | nets | packing | rope | ropes | sailboats | sand | sea | ships | shore (landform) | women | working
- Associated Places:
- East Sussex | England | English Channel | Hastings | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, Landing a Catch of Mackerel, Hastings, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.