Belvoir Castle, Rutland
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 10 1/8 inches (20 x 25.7 cm), Plate: 6 5/8 x 10 1/4 inches (16.8 x 26 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 6 3/8 x 10 inches (16.2 x 25.4 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 6 3/4 inches (10.5 x 17.1 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn by W. Daniell, R. A."; lower center: "Belvoir Castle. | Pubd. in the Court Magazine No. 35, for May 1835, by Edward Churton, 26 Holles St. Cavendish Sqre."; lower right: "Engraved by M. J. Starling."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge (built work) | castle | cattle | country house | cows | figures | flag | hills | landscape | mansion | path | river | road | trees | walking
- Associated Places:
- Belvoir | Belvoir Castle | England | Leicestershire | Rutland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.