Shipping in an Estuary, Probably near Quilleboeuf
- 1825 to 1826
- Watercolor over graphite with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 9 inches (14.6 x 22.9 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower right: "RPB 182[...]"; inscribed on back in graphite upper left: "R.P.B. 1878"
Signed in pen and brown ink lower right: "RPB 182[...]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | coastline | estuaries | marine art | people | seagulls | shipping
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Quillebeuf-sur-Seine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
John Baskett, Paul Mellon's Legacy: a Passion for British Art: Masterpieces from the Yale Center for British Art, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, pp. 292-93, no. 107, pl. 107, N5220 M552 P38 2007 OVERSIZE (YCBA)
Patrick Noon, Richard Parkes Bonington, "On the pleasure of painting" , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1991, p. 104, no. 80, NJ18 B65 N66 1991 + (YCBA)
Paul Mellon's Legacy, a passion for British art. [large print labels] , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, CT, 2007, v. 2, no. 107, N5220 M552 +P381 2007, Mellon Shelf (YCBA)