Crossing the Tropic, Oct. 15, 1826
- Additional Title(s):
Verso: Graphite sketch
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 × 7 7/8 inches (24.1 × 20 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.B." | RIP | CAMDEN | OCT 15TH | 1826"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower left: "R.B." | RIP | CAMDEN | OCT 15TH | 1826"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baptism | buckets (vessels) | marine art | pirates | rigging | rope | sailing | ships | swords
- Associated People:
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Bridgens, active 1838, British, Crossing the Tropic, Oct. 15, 1826, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.