Wallenstadt from Wesen, Switzerland
- Additional Title(s):
Walenstadt from Weesen Switzerland
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 1/4 inches (24.8 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Wallenstadt from Wesen"; in red ink over graphite, lower center: "W Callow"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "Lake Wallenstadt | from Wesen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | lake | landscape | marine art | meteorology | mountains | pier (marine landing) | rainbow | science | steamboat
- Associated Places:
- Europe | St. Gallen | Switzerland | Walensee | Walenstadt
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Wallenstadt from Wesen, Switzerland, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.