- Wallenstadt from Wesen, Switzerland
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 14 1/4 inches (24.8 x 36.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Wallenstadt from Wesen"; in red ink over graphite, lower center: "W Callow"; in graphite, on back, lower right: "Lake Wallenstadt | from Wesen"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | lake | landscape | marine art | meteorology | mountains | pier (marine landing) | rainbow | science | steamboat
- Associated Places:
- Europe | St. Gallen | Switzerland | Walensee | Walenstadt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Wallenstadt from Wesen, Switzerland, 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.