Old Walton Bridge seen from the Middlesex Shore
- Pen and brown ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 26 3/4 inches (28.9 x 67.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink lower center: "Disegnato da me Antonio Canal detto il Canaleto appresso il mio Quadro Dippinto in Londra 1755 | Per il Signore Cavaliere di c< Ker<s>l"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architecture | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cattle | cattle | dogs (animals) | horses (animals) | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Middlesex | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Canaletto, 1697–1768, Venetian, active in Britain (1746–55), Old Walton Bridge seen from the Middlesex Shore, 1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.