Design for the Frontspiece of the Annals of Sporting and Fancy Gazette, Volume 1
- Etching hand-colored with watercolor on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 9 13/16 x 6 1/16 inches (24.9 x 15.4 cm) and Image: 7 1/2 x 4 3/16 inches (19 x 10.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper center: "Drawing Drawing | front of annals of Hunting"; lower right, inscribed in black ink: "I. R. Cruikshank."; lower center on mount: "Annals of Sporting - Frontispiece | By Robert Cruikshank."; lower center on mount, in graphite: "Vol.1 1822"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arrows | billiards | books | boxing | cricket | dancing | deer | fencing | fox hunting | genre subject | guns | horse racing | hunting | ice-skating | illustration | man | mitts | music | racing | rackets | sporting art | sports | target | tea service | tents | trophies | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Isaac Cruikshank, 1789–1856, British, Design for the Frontspiece of the Annals of Sporting and Fancy Gazette, Volume 1, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.