- The Moonlit Lake
- Brown wash and graphite, with scraping out on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 3/8 inches (24.1 x 34 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "1916 (encircled)"; in conte crayon, on back, upper right: "Francis Danby"; in graphite, on back, upper right: "Purchased by Sven(?), on my [...] | at the Yda(?) Richardson Sale, Manor House | [...]"; lower center: "Composition | [...] Bra[...] collection | of monochrome watercolor"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | cave | genre subject | lake | landscape | moon | moonlight | night | temple | trees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to Samuel Jackson, 1794–1869, British, The Moonlit Lake, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.