- View of the Gate of St. Denis
- Soft-ground etching and aquatint, published state
Engraved inscriptions: below image at left, "Drawn & Etch'd by Tho.s Girtin.", and at right, "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis"; and below at center, "View of the Gate of St. Denis Vue de la Porte St. Denis taken from the SUBURBS prise du FAUXBOURG"; and below at center, "LONDON Pub.d 1803 by J.N. Girtin, No. 330, Oxford Street"; and below at left, "SUBSCR PRINT"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Porte Saint-Denis | Saint-Denis | Seine-Saint-Denis | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Frederick Christian Lewis the Elder, 1779–1856, British, View of the Gate of St. Denis, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.