View of the Palace and Village of Choisi, on the Banks of the Siene
- Additional Title(s):
Vue du Palais & du Village de Choisi sur les Bords de la Seine
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 × 24 5/8 inches (40 × 62.5 cm), Plate: 8 7/8 × 21 3/8 inches (22.5 × 54.3 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 18 1/8 inches (14.9 × 46 cm)
Lettered lower left: "Drawn & etch'd by Thos. Girtin | View of the Palace & Village of Choisi | on the Banks of the Seine | Print"; lower right: "Aquatinted by F.C. Lewis | Vue du Palais & du Village de Choisi | sur les Bords de la Seine | 14"; lower center: "London: Pub'd. Jan'y 1, 1803, by Jo'n. Girtin, no. 330 Oxford Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Associated Places:
- Choisy-le-Roi | Europe | France | Seine | Val-de-Marne | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Palace and Village of Choisi, on the Banks of the Siene, 1803
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.