- American Stage Wagon
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on Medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 × 9 inches (16.5 × 22.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "¢27"; center: "American Stage Waggon | I Weld | 1795"; in black ink, center left: "Isaac | Weld | 1795 | American Stage Coach | Used Between New York | and Philadephila"; lower left: "original of Dutch Lithograph | used as Front is Piece | of Seymour Dunbar's | History of Travel | America (1934 Edition)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figures | genre subject | horses (animals) | house | road | wagon
- Associated Places:
- America | North America | United States
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, American Stage Wagon, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.