- Canadian Calash or Marche-Donc
- between 1795 and 1797
- Pen in black ink, gray wash, over graphite on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/2 x 9in. (16.5 x 22.9cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "Canadian Calush or Marche - | J Weld | 1795; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "p.306."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "ORIGINAL OF | ENGRAVINGS (page 79) | IN DUNBAR'S HISTORY | OF TRAVEL IN AMERICA | (published 1934."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Isaac Weld, 1774–1856, Irish, Canadian Calash or Marche-Donc, between 1795 and 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.